[wisb] RFI - Purple Martins

  • From: Brian Doverspike <briandoverspike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:43:27 -0600

I have a friend at work who puts up Purple Martin boxes every year but has not
had any success attracting any guests, at least Purple Martins anyway. He did
mention Starlings and even a pair of Bluebirds using one of the spots.  Can
anyone point me towards some sources of information which could help him in his
quest?  Also, he asked me about some birding events he was told that are
occurring Saturday at the DNR building, off of highway 28, east of Horicon.  He
said there was going to be a presentation in the afternoon about Purple
Martins.  I was unaware of this event.  I am sure someone mentioned it on
Wisbirdn.  However I probably ignored it since I am going out of the country on
Saturday to Bonaire for a week of Scuba Diving.  Thanks for any assistance you
can offer in the matter.

Brian Doverspike and Becky Anderson
Pardeeville, Columbia County