[wisb] RFI - Madison-Baraboo-Horicon-Fond du Lac

  • From: "Kevin" <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin birding network \(E-mail\)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 06:22:26 -0500

Hello all,

I have unfortunately deleted most of the emails that were sent out in the
last month with specific locations as I didn't think they would pertain to
me. However, I actually may have a chance to do some extensive birding on
Sunday and should be able to push my weak year list over 200 with the route
that I am planning (at about 135 right now without getting out). I am hoping
to hit Mazo Bottoms, Spring Green, Parfreys Glen, Devils Lake, Horicon, Fond
du Lac ponds, and areas around Neenah/Oshkosh. Could you please let me know
specifics on:

Spring Green: Is the Mockingbird or Summer Tanager still there? If so, where
have they been seen? In the past, Orchard orioles have also been seen there,
any this year?

Anything happening at Governor Dodge or Devils Lake?

I see the expected southern varieties are somewhat being seen at Parfrey's
glen, has anybody seen anything that I should look out for there?

Where are the stilts being seen at Horicon, Dike Rd or HWY 49? Anything else
there? Ibises were reported earlier, but I don't remember anything else out
of the expected. I also recall a Little Blue Heron and Cattle Egrets being
seen, or was I mistaken?

Where are the ponds in DL Cty? Townline and F+K have been mentioned, but I
am not familiar at all with the area. Any other ponds/puddles around?

Thank you for any help that you can offer, and of course any suggestions
along the route would be greatly appreciated.

Good birding,
Kevin Kearns
Neenah