[wisb] Re: RFI: Bohemian waxwings

  • From: Nancy Richmond <polarpastor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:20:46 -0500

There was a flock of 75 or so near the Nicolet College campus on county G
just South of Rhinelander last Saturday Dec. 26. This is generally a good
place to look for them. The entry road to the college is lined with
crabapple trees, which this year had a very good crop of apples. Other good
Rhinelander spots include the old hospital area and vacinity (from Nicolet
college go N on G, across the Pelican River turn Left on Ocala St.) Ocala is
maybe 4 blocks long and the neighborhood bounded by the Pelican River, Kemp
St. and County G has many fruit trees. I've also often (not this year seen)
them in the neighborhood near the courthouse down town. The new hospital has
a number of crabapples too. Follow the blue H signs.
Good luck.

Nancy Richmond
Polar- Langlade Co.
and Rhinelander - Oneida Co.