[wisb] Purple Sandpipers

  • From: Jeremy Meyer <jmeyer4044@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:47:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I went to the Wind Point Lighthouse today to again find the Purple
Sandpipers.  I went on Saturday and saw them, but it was 3:30pm and a very dark
and gloomy day.  I wanted to go again, because it was a beautiful sunny day,
and I was hoping to get great pictures.  Well I succeeded and the birds
cooperated as well.  They were about 200 feet north of the old concrete pier,
south of the lighthouse.  They didn't mind me being there and waded up to me,
less than twenty feet away.  I watched them for about thirty minutes and then
left, as they continued feeding on algae on the rocks.  Here are the pictures
from today, hope you enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20birds08/8382625152/in/photostream

Jeremy Meyer
Franklin, Milwaukee Co.