[wisb] Re: Pine Warblers, Waukesha Co.

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <harrierhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:51:48 -0600

No Pine Warblers detected up here yet, though not many birders frequent their
most prominent haunts this early in the spring.  Their typical arrival is the
last week of April, with our earliest record to date being April 20, which
could obviously change this year.

Yellow-rumped Warblers have arrived in numbers.  Thousands of ducks --
dominated by scaup -- on Chequamegon Bay right now.  Also some Am. White
Pelicans loafing out there this morning.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady