[wisb] Pine Siskins, Dodge County

  • From: Brad Webb <Brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 08:56:15 -0500

We were surprised and delighted to find two Pine Siskins in our backyard feeding station yesterday evening. As far as we know, this is the first we've had them though we suspect a "mystery finch" a few days back was one of them. Our little yard is full of White Throated Sparrows as well. One posed nicely for me recently.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2514782060051067273fTZjEN
As long as I'm sharing photos, here's one I managed to get of the Snowy Owl seen a short time ago in Dodge County. From the looks of this bird, we assumed an adult male. Any other thoughts on sex and age?
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2022256590051067273AnqpjU
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2499874860051067273GGOkfp
Good birding,
Brad and Royan Webb
Watertown, Dodge County
--

 |___|     Brad Webb               Brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  | |

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.