[wisb] Pigeon question

  • From: Steve Lesgold <steve.lesgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 11:26:30 -0500

The other day a pigeon spent a few minutes on our 11th-floor balcony in
downtown Madison. I rarely see pigeons in Madison. This one had a
different-colored band on each leg (blue and turquoise). Was this a
domestic homing pigeon? The pigeon looked well groomed and clean.
Also, a few weeks ago I asked about a bird at the dog park. I was finally
able to confirm that it is an Eastern Meadowlark. Beautiful bird. Thanks
for the help.

--
Steve Lesgold
steve.lesgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx