[wisb] POM & LT JAEGER photos, ALBINO RED-TAILED HAWK photos (all from today)

  • From: Erik Bruhnke <birdfedr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mou-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:20:30 -0500

This morning I birdwatched at Wisconsin Point for about 1 1/2 hours after
sunrise. I observed the LONG-TAILED JAEGER still zipping around, as well as
the immature POMARINE JAEGER flying by as well. The other birdwatchers and
myself were treated to excellent views of these birds harassing/pursuing
gulls... and even got to see both of these jaegers bothering each other!
Here are my best photos from this morning -
LONG-TAILED JAEGER:
http://www.pbase.com/image/129663817
http://www.pbase.com/image/129663818
http://www.pbase.com/image/129663819

POMARINE JAEGER (lit underwing):
http://www.pbase.com/image/129663821

POMARINE JAEGER chasing LONG-TAILED JAEGER:
http://www.pbase.com/image/129663820

It was a relatively slow day at Hawk Ridge... one of the biggest treats was
seeing this mostly-ALBINO RED-TAILED HAWK fly on by:
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/129663822
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/129663823
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/129663824

Good birdwatching,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

NATURALLY AVIAN - Bird photography and guided bird hikes
www.pbase.com/birdfedr
birdfedr@xxxxxxxxx

Count Interpreter
Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory