[wisb] Re: Out with the chickadees, in with the house wren

  • From: "Meredith" <net.notes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebarrientos@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Wisbirdn'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:29:43 -0500

Ditto but with Bluebirds. The wrens tried to move in almost immediately. At
first I tried to discourage them by putting duct tape across the entrance
which the wrens kept pulling off. When it didn't look like the Bluebirds
were going to come back I let the wrens have the house.

Of course just after the wrens had their nest made, the Bluebirds came back.
We have another Bluebird house that the wrens had looked at but didn't
choose. The Bluebirds didn't seem interested either. The only problem we
could see with it is that it faced to the west. My husband turned it to face
east and the Bluebirds had a nest built within two days.

Now there are seven eggs in what has become the wren house and the Bluebirds
have six in their new house.

Meredith Daggett
Mineral Point, WI