[wisb] Osprey and Northern Harrier

  • From: "K. Hilary Ford" <khilaryf32@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:09:17 -0500

Driving back from Sturgeon Bay on Hy 57 a male N. Harrier was observed
alighting on prey in a field.  Later nearer Ellison Bay my first sighting
of an Osprey flying with fish in its talons.  Perhaps the Osprey has
returned to the towers at E.Bay.  The winds were howling with intermittent
snow showers during the drive, and the birds were obviously fighting this
as they flew!  Temp. 54 F this a.m and 34 at E.Bay when we returned!
Hilary Ford,
Ellson Bay, Door Co.