[wisb] Oklahoma inquiry

  • From: "Pastor Al Schirmacher" <pastoral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mou-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mnbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:23:28 -0500

Heading to Ft. Still, Oklahoma for daughter's Basic Training graduation
later this week.  My participation in the trip was unexpected (but welcome),
so I've had little opportunity to research the area from a birding
perspective - and I couldn't find an Oklahoma listserv on birdingonthe.net
during a brief scan.

I know virtually nothing about Oklahoma birding in early November, any
suggestions on birds to watch for or locations to check out?  We'll be
driving from central Minnesota to the Lawton area, so suggestions "along the
way" are also welcome.

Noted that I'm still missing Scissor-tailed Flycatcher from my lists (which
are concentrated in Minnesota & Wisconsin, have missed the vagrants that
occasionally visit, although do have Fork-tailed), will they still be active
in the area?

Thanks!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN