[wisb] Re: Odd Wilson's Warbler

  • From: "Bettie R. Harriman" <bettie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx,Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 12:36:03 -0500

Jennifer,

As I look at your photos of the Wilson's Warbler, it appears to me
that the dark "necklace" I see is really an area where feathers are
missing.  The dark area is the under feathers in that area, the
yellow feathers that should be covering those dark feathers are gone
for some reason.  When this bird molts again, I would guess it will
look just like all other Wilson's Warblers.

Interesting find.

Bettie Harriman
Oshkosh