[wisb] Northern Waterthrush

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:27:25 -0500

I don't get many chances to get out and bird these days, as I am a stay at home
dad to a four month old boy. We do get out into the backyard for a little while
everyday to check out what birds are coming in. Today we were watching a Winter
Wren flitting around the creek when I noticed another bird in the mud. I was
surprised to see a Northern Waterthrush. The last warbler I've seen was a
Yellow-rumpled a couple days ago. Other backyard birds are the usual suspects;
White-crowned, White-throated, and American Tree Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos,
and lots of Goldfinches.
I'll try to get back out there and see if I can get a photo later.

Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County

Sent from my iPad####################