[wisb] New Member

  • From: Jan Killian <jkwoolyfrog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:38:47 -0600

Hello,

I am Jan Killian, from Cumberland, WI, Barron County.  Newer to
birding...but have loved and fed birds all my life.  I work as the
Office Manager at the Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary in Sarona, WI and I
am an artist and photographer.

Have enjoyed reading all your posts-thank you!

We moved to this location in 9/1/2010 and the previous owners did not
feed the birds.  It was very quiet last winter, this winter we are
feeding ~100 redpolls with the numbers doubling some days in this past
week, ~30 American goldfinches, ~20 chickadees, 5 crows, ~10 bluejays,
5 house sparrows, 4 white-breasted nuthatches, 1 Pileated woodpecker,
Downy and Hairy woodpeckers, & 2 Ring-necked pheasants.  I love it!

We have received over a foot of snow so far and the feeders are very
busy today!
If anyone is interested in birding in this area, please let me know!

Jan Killian, Cumberland, Barron County