[wisb] My birding New Year's resolution for 2012

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:27:05 -0800 (PST)

Here's my birding New Year's resolution for 2012: I promise to faithfully
record my 2012 Wisconsin bird sightings on eBird. :-)

When I lived in southern Indiana I did this on a regular basis. After moving to
Milwaukee, my daily eBird reporting sort of fell by the wayside as I pursued my
quest for 200+ species in my Big Green Big Year (BIGBY). I focused on new
additions to my BIGBY list, rather than day-to-day eBird reports.

I plan to do regular eBird reporting in 2012, and I would encourage others to
do so who aren't already doing it...

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee