[wisb] More Harvey/Wangsness "Ponds" News...

  • From: "Wayne & Susie" <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:01:27 -0500

While visiting family in Stoughton yesterday, I was able to get away for a
couple hours and scope the flooded fields near Leeds.

So what's the news?  While others have reported American Avocet, Stilt
Sandpiper, Buff-breasted Sandpiper, American Golden-Plover, Whooping Crane,
etc., I found none of the above!

Oh, there were plenty of Lesser Yellowlegs, Ruddy Ducks, Comorants, etc.,
etc., etc.  But none of my "target" birds.

Then again, while birding along Wangness Road, I noticed an adult Bald Eagle
perched on the ground right along the water's edge.  Perhaps he/she was the
culprit?

Question: Were any of the "good" shorebirds around yet today (Monday)?

Thanks,
Wayne Rohde
Walworth, WI