[wisb] Milwaukee Lakefront, 4/13 - Bonaparte's Gulls

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:09:44 -0700 (PDT)

If anyone is interested in adding Bonaparte's Gull to their checklists, these
birds are still hanging out at Milwaukee's North Point (north of Bradford
Beach). They were there when I left at 11:30AM today. At least 50 of them, with
20 or so very close to the shoreline. Here's a nice photo of one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6928293930/in/photostream

Also still some ducks around there: Red-breasted Mergansers, Buffleheads,
Scaups, Scoters, Ruddies, etc.

And I had a first-of-year Hermit Thrush in the woods along the top of the
Locust Street Ravine in Lake Park.

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee