[wisb] Milwaukee Lakefront, 11/6/11

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 15:08:53 -0800 (PST)

Took a stroll over to the Milwaukee Art Museum today. Not a birding trip, per
se, but I did bring my camera...

* Interesting installation at the Milwaukee Art Museum: "Chinese Contemporary
Warriors" by world-renowned contemporary artist Yue Minjun:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6320141682/in/photostream

* A little ID quiz. Is this a Lesser or Greater Scaup? I somehow have trouble
telling the difference, especially with no males around. Maybe I can learn
something from the collective wisdom on WISBIRDN:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6319626787/in/photostream

* Two crows in Milwaukee's Veterans Park. The crow on the left seemed kinda
different from the one on the right. For one thing it seemed smaller. Body and
bill shapes seemed different too. Juvenile?? They were so intent on eating
something in the grass that they let me get quite close:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6319629507/in/photostream

* American Black Duck. Male? Foraging in Milwaukee's Veterans Park Lagoon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6319624039/in/photostream

* American Coots huddled up on a submerged rock behind Milwaukee Art Museum:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/6319631955/in/photostream

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee