[wisb] Merlin Pair - Manitowoc County (Probable Nesting)

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:54:26 -0500

My dad called this morning letting me know he had a pair of Merlin on
territory on the north side of Two Rivers.  He watched them repeatedly fly
into the tip of the tallest spruce tree in the area, and noisily defend the
area from other birds such as a Starling that was flying past.  Having
grown up in Manitowoc county I don't ever remember finding a nesting
Merlin, and my dad said that he had only found them nesting in the county
one other time.
Aaron Holschbach
Arena
Iowa County