[wisb] Memorial Day Banding

  • From: "R.D. Everhart" <everhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDBAND@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mnbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 21:49:15 -0500

Hey everybody,

  Strong winds impacted this mornings banding but I was able to run
nets until about noon. From where I was sitting it didn't appear as
if migration was still going on. I'm jealous of all the people seeing
good numbers of birds. All the birds I caught today could stay in the
area for the summer.

   I did manage to band 32 birds of 18 species this weekend. Not bad
in spite of the lack of warblers and vireos. First bird into a net
today was an Indigo Bunting.

   Pictures can be seen at:
http://minnesotabirdnerd.blogspot.com

Roger Everhart