[wisb] Major find in Oshkosh...

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 07:44:36 -0700 (PDT)

    Hi everyone,    just got back from my morningly routine after dropping the
kids at their schools,  found myself on Hickory lane where I scored a PRAIRIE
WARBLER !!!   Second county lifer this month for me, first state lifer as
well.  Beautiful singing male, not singing his usual song when heard in
Florida, but the tail was apumpin' away.   Almost sounded yellow warblerish
with a sudden drop at the end.  I was expecting the buzzy chromatic ascending
song.  I also finally got my Magnolia, found by song, then followed by the next
needed warbler, a beautiful Canada !!   These trees by the little marsh along
Hickory Ln. have been absolutely prime warbler habitat.  Got baybreast,
Wilson's, blackpoll, chestnutside, redstarts, waterthrush,and another
goldenwing !! , though I heard that one only.  Had a very good warbler
morning.  Also got a kinglet, which seems to be getting late for them. Other
passerines inc. least and greatcrest
 flycatcher, a singing Graycheek thrush and an out-of-place, flyover bobolink!

        Excellent birding to all,
        Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
        Winnebago Co.

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.