[wisb] Re: Madison lab solves mystery of Arkansas bird die-off

  • From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rawshooter@xxxxxxxxx, bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:10:35 +0000

I've been mulling this over, here is my two cents.

I can definitely go with the fact of blunt force trauma as the cause of death -
a lab wouldn't mistake this, that just makes sense.

My quandry is the speculation in the story about hundreds of birds flying into
houses and cars.
Wouldn't you think somebody would notice that!?! I mean come'on now, that would
sould like one heck of a hail storm on somebody's home, and in a car it would
definitely get your attention!
I would be more likely to beleive Noel's theory of the birds becoming
disoriented and flying into the ground. But really, the only fact we have is
the cause of death, not the how it happened. My guess is there is something
else that influenced this situation, and we just don't know what it is yet -
maybe we never will!
--
Bill Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

Ask me how to adopt a Greyhound or Borzoi!
http://www.gpawisconsin.org/
http://www.nbrf.info/
http://www.NoWisconsinPuppyMills.com

---- Brian Hansen <rawshooter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
This has been bugging me.

Does anyone else think these birds were migrating and something more
atmospheric happened?  No conspiracy theory or anything like that.  I
just don't think all these bird were scared off their roost and
smacked into trees etc...  This expert claims they are poor night
flyers.  Do RWBBs not migrate at night?  This topic hasn't really been
talked about here unless I missed it.  I'm curious as to other
opinions.

Brian Hansen
Milwaukee - east side