[wisb] Madison area gull forecast for CBC

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 16:38:06 -0600

 The weather looks like it will hold for another week. As of now there is a
good gull population in Madison. Yesterday and today I stopped at the landfill.
Seems like there are a couple 1st, 2nd cycle and adult Thayer's around as well
as a Glaucous and Lesser Black-backed .
 Tuesday, after going to the landfill, there was also a couple hundred gulls on
the east end of Lake Monona. I didn't have time to go over and check them
out,but we could have 500 gulls in our count area. Upper Mud seems to hold some
also.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton