[wisb] MCZoo Bird Banding Report - 14, Sept. '11

  • From: Sharpbill@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mahlersteven@xxxxxxxxx, karen.stephany@xxxxxxx, gavs39@xxxxxxxxx, jaustin252@xxxxxxxxx, ktlageman@xxxxxxxxx, light_pig@xxxxxxxxxxx, Craig.Pavlik@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Akela317@xxxxxxx, cghwauk@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:46:55 -0400 (EDT)

Happy Fall!

We conducted our first fall banding session today...slow, but fun to be out
 in the "woods!"  Species banded include:  Magnolia warbler, ovenbird,
Swainson's thrush (5), and gray-cheeked thrush (2).

Some species observed include:  red-breasted nuthatch, rose-breasted
grosbeak, cedars, blue jay, and gray catbird.

Next banding session(s) Sept. 21st and 22nd (Wed./Thurs.), weather
permitting.

Cheers for now, Mickey

Michelene  O'Connor
Avian Zookeeper