[wisb] MCZ Bird Banding - Monday

  • From: Sharpbill@xxxxxxx
  • To: karen.stephany@xxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jeaustin@xxxxxxxxxx, gavs39@xxxxxxxxx, treeroogirl@xxxxxxxxx, materres@xxxxxxxxx, roberta.wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx, mahlersteven@xxxxxxxxx, cyberhawkHN@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ktlageman@xxxxxxxxx, llbeehler@xxxxxxx, akela317@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:12:24 EDT

Hello,

We decided to do a little banding yesterday.  It was slow but fun as  we
tried our new net lanes out.

Species banded include:  ruby-crowned kinglet, yellow-rumped warbler,
boatloads of white-throated sparrows, swamp sparrow, and American robin.

Species observed include:  Eastern phoebe, Northern flicker,  red-bellied
woodpecker, blue jays, yellow-bellied sapsucker, wood ducks,  Nashville
warbler, red-breasted nuthatch, blue-gray gnatcatcher, and chipping  sparrow.

Next banding tentatively Monday, May 3 and Tuesday, the 4th.  Please  let
me know if you'll be coming so I can call if we need to cancel.

Cheers for now, Mickey

Michelene M.  O'Connor
Zookeeper
Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens