[wisb] Late report, 4 gull morning, Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 06:06:36 -0800 (PST)

Hey everyone,  I was hoping to get this out ASAP from Wednesday morning, but
computer availability
was in poor timing.  At the main St. bridge, my first stop, there were several
Herring Gulls with an added
adult Great B-b Gull thrown in,  then the second stop between Main and the
Oregon Bridge I found a couple
ring-bills, obviously with more herrings, but the best was found between Oregon
and the Wisconsin Bridge, finding
a first cycle Lesser Black-back, noticing the slightly smaller size, longer
wings extending beyond the tail.  At first
when I saw this one it just didn't look right, so I remembered the LBB rules
which applied correctly!  That last visit
was at the Seniors Center where there were standard birds including 7 goldeneye
and a dead Canada Goose, death
unknown.  The Thursday morning run was only to Mill St, (the mouth of the
river) saw about 100 goldeneye some
gulls no Bb's or anything extra, a couple eagles and that was it.  Found a
dozen C. Waxwings on my way home,
no Boheme's unfortunately.   Good birding, from......
Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
Happy March 1st
(you know what's coming)