[wisb] Lapland Longspurs north of Onalaska

  • From: "Lund, David R." <DLUND@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 23:07:18 +0000

On our way home from Onalaska today, we took a few back roads.  Along County XX
just north of Onalaska where it intersects with County OT, we ran into a large
flock of Horned Larks with at least one Lapland Longspur and a little later a
flock of 13 Longspurs.  Both flocks wanted to be on the roadside, but trafffic
kept interrupting them and prevented them from staying in one place.  Just
north of New Amsterdam, we had a Barred Owl fly across the road in front of us
and it posed conveniently for a number of photos.  Other birds seen today
included 3 Female Redwings, tree sparrows, juncos,  nuthatches, goldfinches.

Dave Lund

Eau Claire County