[wisb] Lake Wingra, Madison

  • From: Adrian Lesak <aalesak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 19:02:06 -0500

Fellow birders,

I biked down to Lake Wingra again this evening.  Could not relocate
the Red-necked Grebe.  Had it it been there though, my 8X binoculars
wouldn't have been enough to pick one out with any certainty among the
birds on the far SW corner of the lake.  The Ross' Goose was still
present, grazing with the Canada Geese near the lagoon.  Two Marsh
Wrens were singing near the easternmost platform of the Edgewood
College boardwalk.  Had many Bank Swallows and 3 Forster's Terns from
this vantage point as well.  At Wingra Park, 6 Ring-billed Gulls were
chasing a Caspian Tern with dinner in its bill.

Other songbirds seen were of the same mix that has been around for
most of the last week.

Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Palm Warbler
Pine Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
Baltimore Oriole

-Adrian Lesak

Madison
Dane County

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.