[wisb] Lake Park this morning

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 11:57:42 -0500

Overall, the park was quiet, but I luckily stumbled upon an area of
activity near the Wolcott statue and shed. I was standing overlooking the
ravine. Within about twenty minutes, if that, I saw the following:
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (eye level views. Visible yellow belly, olive
tinted back, yellow tinted wingbars.)
Eastern Wood-Peewee (singing)
Warblers included:
Ovenbird
Cape May
Black and White
Wilson's
American Redstart
Blackpoll
Palm
Magnolia

Also present were at least one if not two Swainson's Thrushes, WB
nuthatches, hummingbird, chickadees, cardinals, a few crows, etc.

Good birding,

--
Jennifer Ambrose
Bayview, Milwaukee County