[wisb] Lake Park, Milwaukee Wisconsin

  • From: "Wright Family" <thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 20:10:27 -0500

On Thursday monring, I visited lake Park to check out all the happenings that
have been reported recently.  The Coopers Hawk was of particular interest.
My desire to see the hawk was satisfied immediately.  As I crossed the bridge
nearest the Nort Point Lighthouse, the hawk was quitely resting in the
horizontal branch just west of the bridge.  Despite a slow approach and others
casually walking or jogging past, the hawk soon fled, but spent the better part
of my visit flying from tree to tree in the area.

With patience, there were numerous other birds in the area.  Here are links to
a few of the others:

Coopers Hawk #1:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6156769061/in/photostream
Coopers Hawk #2: