[wisb] Lake Farm, Dane County

  • From: "Charles Henrikson" <ckhenrikson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:20:10 -0500

I birded at the Lake Farm County Park this morning from 7:30 to 11:00.  It was
sunny with no wind.  The lake was like glass.
My FOY birds were:
    1 Eastern Towhee singing at the very top of a 40 foot tree.  Most often I'm
searching for them on the ground amongst all the shrubs.
    1 Field Sparrow foraging on a grassy path with White-throated Sparrows,
Hermit Thrushes and American Robins

Suprisingly I did NOT see the Yellow-rumped Warblers or the Blue-gray
Gnatcatchers in the trees along the lake that were fairly numerous a couple
days before.  I guess that's what migration is all about.  Again there were
many small, flying insects available to eat.

Appended below is my eBird report for the morning.

Chuck Henrikson

      10 Canada Goose
      6 Wood Duck
      10 Mallard