[wisb] La Crosse Area Birds

  • From: "Dan Jackson" <DanJackson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WisBirdN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:31:48 -0500

Over the weekend, I did some birding and there were many of new
migrants.

Highlights:

Myrick Marsh
Black Terns (Thursday evening (15 - FOY))

Home:
Black-throated Blue Warbler (First of Year  FOY)
Gold-winged Warbler FOY)
Blue-winged Warbler (FOY)
American Redstart
Veery
Wood Thrush (in the water feature)
Indigo Buntings
Baltimore Orioles at the feeders

Goose Island (Flag pole area Saturday Morning, Sunday evening, Monday
Morning)
Blue-winged Warbler (Saturday)
Brewster's Warbler (Saturday - Blue-winged / Gold-winged Hybrid)
Gold-winged Warbler (Saturday)
Northern Parula (Saturday)
Cape May Warbler (Saturday)
Black-and-white Warbler (Monday FOY)
Black-throated Green Warbler (Saturday & Sunday FOY)
Blackpoll Warbler (Sunday FOY)
Canada Warbler (Monday FOY)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (Saturday)
American Redstart (Monday)
Blue-headed Vireo (Monday FOY)
Philadelphia Vireo (Saturday & Monday FOY)
Red-eyed Vireo (Saturday)
Yellow-throated Vireo
Veery (Saturday)
Swainson's Thrush

I also saw 2 Forster's Terns and 2 Caspian Terns on Saturday below Goose
Island  and 15-20 Forster's Terns below Stoddard on Sunday afternoon.

Things are hopping now!!

Dan Jackson
Chaseburg, Vernon County, Wisconsin
(Near LaCrosse)
http://community.webshots.com/user/DanielEJackson

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.