[wisb] Re: King Eider/Milwaukee County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:49:10 -0600

I viewed the bird from 9:30 A.M-11:00 A.M. Like Mark Korducki, I have never
had a better view of this species. The ill-fated Port Washington King Eider
of a few years ago was also cooperative (much to its detriment;  Dar Tiede
related to me he came across a couple of hunters who had shot it and
were trying to identify it!), but never came as close as this Milwaukee
bird. It was finding many clusters of mussels and at least one crayfish, so
perhaps
under these condions it will remain.
A special thanks to Paul van Ginkel for reporting it and Tim Hahn for the
early morning update. I'm sure this is a special bird for many people.

Thomas C Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County