[wisb] Interview with Richard Crossley about his new ID guide

  • From: Chuck Hagner <chagner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 14:48:01 -0600

Hi everyone--
This week I had the opportunity to interview Richard Crossley about his new ID
guide.

I asked him about the banded Bicknell's Thrush visible on page 364, whether
field guides that use artwork are better suited than field guides that use
photography to present nocturnal species, whether he thought American
birdwatchers were inferior to British birders, and other questions. The
transcript of the interview is on our website:

An interview with Richard Crossley, author of the new ID guide
BirdWatching Field of View
http://bit.ly/hwXpEO

--Chuck

Chuck Hagner