[wisb] Interesting day

  • From: <charir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:50:50 -0500

Besides the usual suspects, I had two surprises today.  Early this morning a
female Bobwhite walked across our deck and went around the house to the bird
feeders.  She didn't stay around long, but that is the first one I've seen
in a couple years.  Then my eagle-eyed husband spotted something different
down on our water front - a Black-crowned Night Heron.  Don't think I've
ever seen one on our property.  It flew up and landed on our dock and
suddenly a second one appeared.  They stayed for about 15 minutes and then
moved on.

Chari Rutledge

Washington Island

Door County