[wisb] Re: Immature Green Violet-Ear Hummingbird in Dane County PHOTO is NOT THE ACTUAL MONONA BIRD

  • From: "Cynthia Bridge" <cynthiabridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kathijr@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:46:02 -0500

The photo shared with me that was supposedly of the Dane Co. bird was found
online at this website http://www.faintlake.com/EC/Sparkling_Violet-ear.html

The ID of the Monona bird I would say is questionable at this point. Unless
someone else has seen a different photo, the one supplied to several people
this morning is from Ecuador.

Cynthia Bridge
Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co.

Date: 9/16/13 7:52 am
From: Matt Rothschild <mattr...>
Subject: [wisb] black-chinned hummingbird Monona?

                Hi,
A friend sent this photo from Monona, where a friend of hers has had this
unusual hummingbird, at least Wed-Sat.
Looks like a black-chinned?
Matt Rothschild
Dane County

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin
Zone 4/5
e-mail: kathijr@xxxxxxxxx
website: http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/mjrock/web
telephone: (608) 233-7397

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this
glittering fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his
mind with reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon) #################### You received
this email because you are subscribed to the Wisconsin Birding Network
(Wisbirdn).