[wisb] IMPORTANT: Migration of Wisbirdn

  • From: Tom Sykes <j.thomas.sykes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:43:28 -0500

This morning I'm in the process of moving all subscribers currently on Wisbirdn at the Lawrence University server to the new location on Freelists.org.

You all should be receiving notification as I move you with the arrival of an automated email welcoming you to wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please take a few moments to review the email as well as to check out the web site where more information may be found:

http://www.portalscards.com/wisbirdn/

As a subscriber to the new server location you should be able to begin posting right away. I would encourage all of you to start using the new wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx address as soon as possible.

I will be leaving the old address and listserv at Lawrence live until I feel comfortable that most people have adjusted. I'll make an announcement when the old address is no longer functioning.

If you have any questions about the move please let me know and I'll get to them as time allows. I have no idea how much will be involved in the move and am hoping it is relatively painless for everyone.

Remember: If you were presently set to Digest more or Null mode at the Lawrence location, your subscription default is now Feed mode. For those wishing to continue to be in Digest mode you will need to change your default setting which you may now do on your own. There isn't a Null mode setting on the new server but setting your account to Vacation mode may accomplish the same result.

Good luck!

Tom Sykes
Wisbirdn List Administrator
j.thomas.sykes@xxxxxxxxxxxx

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.