[wisb] Hy106 & Rock river area

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:30:06 -0500

 I went down to Fort Atkinson to check for shorebirds. The area near the bridge
had close to 100 great egrets and a near by spot had 40+ more. The other area
was off Rock River road, on the road marked Rustic road.. I didn't catch the
name. But there was also a good shorebird field on this road.
 On 106, the area is drier and the shorebirds are further out and skattered
over a large area. Approx. number for both spots70+ killdeer, 3 semi.
plovers,60+lesser yellowlegs, 5 solitary,65 pectoral, 2 Baird's, 10 semi.
sandpipers, 25 least and 5 stilt sandpipers.
 South of Stoughton on Cty A there' a flooded area that has a few birds, but
could get better. 2 stilt, 6 lesser yellowlegs,4 solitary, 6 least, 6 pectoral,
and 3 semi-palmated sandpipers.
 Also, on the way to Fort, I walked some of Danielson road. I didn't see any
migrants. One barred owl was calling.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.