[wisb] Hummingbirds---City of Madison

  • From: Kathi Johnson Rock <kathijr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 22:24:08 -0700 (PDT)

We are still seeing four hummingbirds at flowers and feeders, all immature
birds, in our near west side City of Madison garden.

We typically see our last hummingbird in mid-October, but saw our last hummer
on November 17 in 2010.  It will be very interesting to see what this most
unusual season will bring.

Kathi and Michael Rock

Kathi and Michael Rock
Madison, Wisconsin
Zone 4/5
e-mail: kathijr@xxxxxxxxx
website: http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/mjrock/web

"Hummingbirds.....where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering
fragment of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..."; (J. J. Audubon)