[wisb] Horned Larks, LaCrosse County

  • From: Douglas Stratton <stratton.douglas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:02:31 -0600

Hello, my name is Doug Stratton.  I recently joined although I've been a
casual birder for over 30 years. I teach chemistry at Onalaska High
School.  I recently got turned on to wisconsin e-bird and have been trying
to get out several times a week.  I found out about wisbirdn when viewing
the harlequin duck in Milwaukee a few weeks ago.  That was a lifer for me.
Today I spotted a flock of about 30 horned larks near Onalaska, out on
Brice's Prairie, near county Z and ZB.  They were foraging in a grassy
field.
Doug Stratton
Onalaska
La Crosse County