[wisb] Harrington SP Shrike

  • From: Spencer Jablonski <spencer.jablonski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 10:42:57 -0500

Hey all,

I went out looking for some sparrows this morning with lots of WC and WT to
been seen! Also an Orange-crowned and several YR and palms. Bird of the morning
so far is what I am about 90% sure is a Loggerhead Shrike. It was about .25
mile away from me in the open prairie trails. I tried to follow it around but
it kept getting further away. I managed several doc shots of it which will be
good enough to ID. At first thought it was a Northern S. but a fellow birder
pointed out a few features that look better for Loggerhead. Last seen bouncing
around the smaller trees/shrubs by the small pond out in the prairie. Hope it
sticks around!

Spencer Jablonski

Sent from my iPhone####################