[wisb] HARRIS"S SPARROW - Bayfield County

  • From: t ocky <timocky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisconsin birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday afternoon, I had my first fall HARRIS"S SPARROW (a first winter bird)
show up under the feeder.  If it is still there when I get home, I will tell it
to head toward Stevens Point so Joe S. can see it.  This bird is about 1-2
weeks later than the birds I have seen the last 2 years; if that means
anything.   I saw another first winter bird in Ashland's Prentice Park a couple
weeks ago.

Tim Oksiuta
Ashland, WI
Bayfield County