[wisb] Green Heron Juveniles at Milwaukee - Veterans Park

  • From: "Wright Family" <thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 10:00:01 -0500

Good monring,
As we've observed over the past several weeks, the Green Heron nestlings have
matured to be beautiful juveniles.  Yesterday I went down to the lagoon, not
expecting to see them.  After two unsuccessful strolls past their area, the
third time was a charm.  It has been fantastic watching them grow up -
something I hope you've enjoyed through photos.
Anyhow, here is the latest and most likely batch.  About the only other thiing
I could capture would be their own successful attempts at hunting for food.

Just above the water:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6109266098/in/photostream
Hair-raising experience:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6108715153/in/photostream/
Walk the line:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6109264786/in/photostream/
Where Jim Henson got the idea for the muppet character Beaker:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6108714045/in/photostream/
Where did that neck come from:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6109264160/in/photostream/
Am I good looking or what:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6109263560/in/photostream/
I've got an itch.  I've got an itch:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6108712873/in/photostream/
What waz that?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6109263062/in/photostream/
Now it's down there:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6108712297/in/photostream/

You can save accessing via the links by simply selecting the first one and then
pressing the [Older] link eight times.

Have a good day,
Tom Wright
Wales, WI