[wisb] Great Tit

  • From: Kyle Cudworth <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 19:33:33 -0500

In the spring of 2005 we had a Great Tit at our feeders for a few days,
apparently hanging around with our usual Chickadees. Someone at Wild
Birds Unlimited in Lake Geneva told us that he had heard there had been
some escapees from somewhere in northern Illinois, so we assumed that
was the origin. That fall we noticed some of our Chickadees had a little
yellow on their breasts and wondered whether there had been interbreeding.

Kyle Cudworth
Williams Bay
Walworth County

From: "Dan and Mary Pat Panetti" <dpanetti@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Great Tit, Sheboygan Co.
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:57:22 -0500

There has been a pair in the Oostburg area for 3 or 4 years now. They
have brought young to feeders occasionally, so perhaps dispersal birds?
Dan Panetti S.E. Ozaukee county