[wisb] Glaucous, pos. LBB in Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:54:56 -0800 (PST)

    Good morning folks  ---  or is it?   Some weather we're having huh?
At least the gulls in the area are having a blast with the winds.  Checking
out where all those cars went in by the beach, ( that spot has since pretty
much frozen
over)  there were a mess of gulls here and there, finding the adult Glaucous
within
the gang. There might've been a probable LBb as well, too distant and flying.
Saw a few Ring-bills, too.
  For you Fox Valley birders I ran into Margaret Misdall at the store this a.m.
A former OBC member, she's looking good yet frail.  Says she's given up getting
around, including birding except for watching her feeders.  Needs constant
care.  Barely
remembered me,  oh, well,  that's to be expected.
  A rather interesting phenom I had before the weather settled in was seeing
perhaps
up to 200 common goldeneyes flying overhead my house heading NW, in flocks of
20's,  a lot of 10's, and the biggest was ~80.  And my final OFF-topic note was
finding
a NIGHTCRAWLER?!  on my sidewalk last night during the rain.  It's mild enough
I guess.  Anybody else see any?
    Paul Bruce, getting my Migration Station set up in,
    Winnebago Co.