[wisb] Fwd: eBird Report - Estabrook Park, Apr 14, 2013

  • From: CHARLES HAGNER <c_hagner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 13:05:00 -0500

HI everyone--
Eastern Phoebes, Hermit Thrushes, both kinglets, sapsuckers, Tree Swallows,
Yellow-rumped Warblers, and Fox Sparrows were in soggy Estabrook Park,
Milwaukee Co., this morning.

I also found a pair of Blue-winged Teal swimming among submerged trees, a pair
of cocky Red-breasted Mergansers diving in the river, and a pair of Eastern
Bluebirds along the bike trail.

Flood note: The river is WAY over its banks; not only are low trails submerged,
but in places, the river water is rushing down them. If you go, use caution.
And wear boots.

--Chuck

Chuck Hagner
Milwaukee Co., WI