[wisb] Fw: {Chippewa Valley Birding} ice age trail ~chippewa county

  • From: "claudia giamati" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "cgiamati@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: wisb <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 16:35:51 -0700 (PDT)

Claudia Giamati
Chippewa Falls(mailing address)
Chippewa County

"A knowledge of the path cannot be substituted for putting one foot in front of
the other."

-- M. C. Richards

On Friday, June 6, 2014 6:16 PM, 'claudia giamati' via Chippewa Valley Birding
<chippewa-valley-birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,
I decided to see if the herons who had nested along the trail at the Ice age
trail on County Hwy M.  If anyone wants to practice their warbler calls, this
is the place to go! I heard at least 12 different warblers! 3 that I could
identify include common yellowthroat, American Redstart and Yellow. The
background noise is minimal and each song come out crisply and really
clearly.However, as I walked along the trail, into the woods, the background
noise got louder until the audible hum of swarming mosquitoes was evident. I
did not last long and saw no heron nesting. I spoke with Frank at the David
Obey nature center and got a  hand drawn map to a rookery on hwy 40.  I
excitedly drove up there to find the nests empty, and only a pair of bald
eagles with an eaglet... It was a weird day...

--
To have a friend subscribe to this group, have them send email to
chippewa-valley-birding+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx