[wisb] Fond du Lac County Park mud flat - Willet

  • From: "Sehloff, Kerry" <kerry.sehloff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:02:56 -0500

Tuesday, May 12 - came upon a nice flooded field just outside Waupun
Woods, a Fond du Lac County Park (corner of MMM and MM, Savage Road).
Mud flat yielded one dunlin, one dowitcher, 3 yellowlegs and a willet.
The willet was kind enough to flap wings for us, showing off the
distinctive black and white pattern.  We haven't seen a willet in a long
time.  Stopping to watch the bird made us late for the track meet - we
missed the first event, but our son is very understanding.  Also in the
woods, our FOY great crested flycatcher.  Not enough time to stop for
anything else.

Kerry Sehloff

Making the rounds in Fond du Lac Co.

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.