[wisb] First major broadwing push, Oshkosh

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:00:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all of us,  As I suspected, the winds direction changed with the last front
and I figured
 I'd see BW H's, and really high up too. Pin-tip specks to be exact, then with
binocs, pencil-tips!
 Also, I failed to mention from the other day I stopped at Menominee Beach
again and picked
up a spotted Sandpiper and several Caspian terns, some herrings and a mess of
ringbill gulls.
No migrant ducks yet, but soon, no doubt.
SUPER excited about some birding with mark Benson this Saturday, I'll have
plenty to talk about
after that day.  Really, REALLY good luck to us all.
Paul Bruce, Oshkosh