[wisb] Fantastic Day at the Bridgeport CBC

  • From: Alexander R Stark <starkal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:41:58 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,
I'm completely exhausted after Quentin Yoerger and I spent the whole day
birding the Patch Grove area for the Bridgeport CBC. We ended with 41 species
for the day, and thats actually missing a few "easy" birds. Some of our
highlights we're 4 Gray Partridge (check out my pictures), 8 Eurasian Collared
Doves, 2 Red-headed Woodpeckers, a Swan Species (it was about a mile away off
of the Wyalusing lookoout in the fog), a Fox Sparrow at the Wyalusing feeder
next to the entrance, and also Song and White-throated Sparrows. The biggest
surprise to us was checking out a spring/creek close to Millville. Its only
about 12" deep, but sure enough there was a Juvenille Common Goldeneye. It was
one of those deals that it was the last thing you would've expected to see
there. We also spent some time looking for Short-eared Owls but struck out.
Thanks again Quentin!

Gray Partridge:
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu241/starkdude/?action=view&current=CSC_0959.jpg

Alex Stark, Platteville